Last updated November 05, 2022
This privacy notice for Potomac Group LLC ("Company," "we," "us," or "our"), describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share ("process") your information when you use our services ("Services"), such as when you:
Visit our website at potomac-group.com, or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice
Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
Questions or concerns? Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMARY OF KEY POINTS
This summary provides key points from our privacy notice, but you can find out more details about any of these topics by clicking the link following each key point or by using our table of contents below to find the section you are looking for. You can also click here to go directly to our table of contents.
What personal information do we process?
When you visit, use, or navigate our Services, we may process personal information depending on how you interact with Potomac Group LLC and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use.
Click here to learn more.
Do we process any sensitive personal information?
We do not process sensitive personal information. Do we receive any information from third parties?
We do not receive any information from third parties.
How do we process your information?
We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your information only when we have a valid legal reason to do so.
Click here to learn more.
In what situations and with which types of parties do we share personal information?
We may share information in specific situations and with specific categories of third parties.
Click here to learn more.
How do we keep your information safe?
We have organizational and technical processes and procedures in place to protect your personal information. However, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information.
Click here to learn more.
What are your rights?
Depending on where you are located geographically, the applicable privacy law may mean you have certain rights regarding your personal information.
Click here to learn more. How do you exercise your rights? The easiest way to exercise your rights is by filling out our data subject request form available here, or by contacting us. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Want to learn more about what Potomac Group LLC does with any information we collect? Click here to review the notice in full.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
2. HOW DO WE PROCESSYOUR INFORMATION?
3. WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOURPERSONAL INFORMATION?
4. WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONALINFORMATION?
6.HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOURINFORMATION SAFE?
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
9. CONTROLS FORDO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
10. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFICPRIVACY RIGHTS?
11. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
12. HOW CAN YOUCONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?13. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, ORDELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us.
Personal Information Provided by You.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context ofyour interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, andthe products and features you use. The personal information wecollect may include the following:namesemail addressesSensitiveInformation. We do not process sensitive information.All personalinformation that you provide to us must be true, complete, andaccurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personalinformation.Information automatically collectedIn Short: Someinformation — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/orbrowser and device characteristics — is collected automaticallywhen you visit our Services.We automatically collect certaininformation when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. Thisinformation does not reveal your specific identity (like your name orcontact information) but may include device and usage information,such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics,operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name,country, location, information about how and when you use ourServices, and other technical information. This information isprimarily needed to maintain the security and operation of ourServices, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.Likemany businesses, we also collect information through cookies andsimilar technologies. The information we collect includes:Log andUsage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage,and performance information our servers automatically collect whenyou access or use our Services and which we record in log files.Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include yourIP address, device information, browser type, and settings andinformation about your activity in the Services (such as thedate/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed,searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use),device event information (such as system activity, error reports(sometimes called "crash dumps"), and hardwaresettings).Device Data. We collect device data such as informationabout your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to accessthe Services. Depending on the device used, this device data mayinclude information such as your IP address (or proxy server), deviceand application identification numbers, location, browser type,hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier,operating system, and system configuration information.Location Data.We collect location data such as information about your device'slocation, which can be either precise or imprecise. How muchinformation we collect depends on the type and settings of the deviceyou use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and othertechnologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your currentlocation (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing usto collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device.However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law.
We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent. We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including: To save or protect an individual's vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
3. WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOURINFORMATION?In Short: We only process your personal informationwhen we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason(i.e., legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with yourconsent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enterinto or fulfill our contractual obligations, to protect your rights,or to fulfill our legitimate business interests.If you are located inthe EU or UK, this section applies to you.The General Data ProtectionRegulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legalbases we rely on in order to process your personal information. Assuch, we may rely on the following legal bases to process yourpersonal information:Consent. We may process your information ifyou have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personalinformation for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent atany time. Click here to learn more.Legal Obligations. Wemay process your information where we believe it is necessary forcompliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with alaw enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend ourlegal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigationin which we are involved.Vital Interests. We may process yourinformation where we believe it is necessary to protect your vitalinterests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situationsinvolving potential threats to the safety of any person.If you arelocated in Canada, this section applies to you.We may process yourinformation if you have given us specific permission (i.e., expressconsent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, orin situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e., impliedconsent). You can withdraw your consent at any time. Click here tolearn more.In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted underapplicable law to process your information without your consent,including, for example:If collection is clearly in the interests ofan individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely wayForinvestigations and fraud detection and preventionFor businesstransactions provided certain conditions are metIf it is contained ina witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess,process, or settle an insurance claimFor identifying injured, ill, ordeceased persons and communicating with next of kinIf we havereasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may bevictim of financial abuseIf it is reasonable to expect collection anduse with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy ofthe information and the collection is reasonable for purposes relatedto investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of thelaws of Canada or a provinceIf disclosure is required to comply witha subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating tothe production of recordsIf it was produced by an individual in thecourse of their employment, business, or profession and thecollection is consistent with the purposes for which the informationwas producedIf the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic,or literary purposesIf the information is publicly available and isspecified by the regulations
4. WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOURPERSONAL INFORMATION?In Short: We may share information inspecific situations described in this section and/or with thefollowing categories of third parties.Vendors, Consultants, and OtherThird-Party Service Providers. We may share your data withthird-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents("third parties") who perform services for us or on ourbehalf and require access to such information to do that work. Wehave contracts in place with our third parties, which are designed tohelp safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannotdo anything with your personal information unless we have instructedthem to do it. They will also not share your personal informationwith any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect thedata they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period weinstruct. The categories of third parties we may share personalinformation with are as follows:Website Hosting Service ProvidersDataAnalytics ServicesData Storage Service ProvidersCommunication &Collaboration ToolsWe also may need to share your personalinformation in the following situations:Business Transfers. We mayshare or transfer your information in connection with, or duringnegotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, oracquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
6. HOWLONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?In Short: We keep yourinformation for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlinedin this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.We will onlykeep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for thepurposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retentionperiod is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, orother legal requirements).When we have no ongoing legitimate businessneed to process your personal information, we will either delete oranonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example,because your personal information has been stored in backuparchives), then we will securely store your personal information andisolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7.HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?In Short: We aim to protectyour personal information through a system of organizational andtechnical security measures.We have implemented appropriate andreasonable technical and organizational security measures designed toprotect the security of any personal information we process. However,despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, noelectronic transmission over the Internet or information storagetechnology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promiseor guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorizedthird parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperlycollect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we willdo our best to protect your personal information, transmission ofpersonal information to and from our Services is at your own risk.You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
8.WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?In Short: In some regions, such asthe European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), and Canada,you have rights that allow you greater access to and control overyour personal information. You may review, change, or terminateyour account at any time.In some regions (like the EEA, UK, andCanada), you have certain rights under applicable data protectionlaws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain acopy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification orerasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personalinformation; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certaincircumstances, you may also have the right to object to theprocessing of your personal information. You can make such a requestby contacting us by using the contact details provided in the section"HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?" below.We willconsider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable dataprotection laws. If you are located in the EEA or UK and youbelieve we are unlawfully processing your personal information, youalso have the right to complain to your local data protectionsupervisory authority. You can find their contact details here:https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.Ifyou are located in Switzerland, the contact details for the dataprotection authorities are available here:https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.Withdrawing yourconsent: If we are relying on your consent to process your personalinformation, which may be express and/or implied consent depending onthe applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent atany time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting usby using the contact details provided in the section "HOW CANYOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?" below.However, please notethat this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before itswithdrawal nor, when applicable law allows, will it affect theprocessing of your personal information conducted in reliance onlawful processing grounds other than consent.Opting out of marketingand promotional communications: You can unsubscribe from ourmarketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking onthe unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting ususing the details provided in the section "HOW CAN YOU CONTACTUS ABOUT THIS NOTICE?" below. You will then be removed from themarketing lists. However, we may still communicate with you — forexample, to send you service-related messages that are necessary forthe administration and use of your account, to respond to servicerequests, or for other non-marketing purposes.Cookies and similartechnologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default.If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to removecookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies orreject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of ourServices. To opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers onour Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. If you havequestions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us email@example.com.
9. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURESMostweb browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobileapplications include a Do-Not-Track ("DNT") feature orsetting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not tohave data about your online browsing activities monitored andcollected. At this stage no uniform technology standard forrecognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such,we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any othermechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to betracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that wemust follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice ina revised version of this privacy notice.
10. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTSHAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?In Short: Yes, if you are aresident of California, you are granted specific rights regardingaccess to your personal information.California Civil Code Section1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permitsour users who are California residents to request and obtain from us,once a year and free of charge, information about categories ofpersonal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties fordirect marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all thirdparties with which we shared personal information in the immediatelypreceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and wouldlike to make such a request, please submit your request in writing tous using the contact information provided below.If you are under 18years of age, reside in California, and have a registered accountwith Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted datathat you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided belowand include the email address associated with your account and astatement that you reside in California. We will make sure the datais not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware thatthe data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from allour systems (e.g., backups, etc.).
11. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THISNOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws. We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated "Revised" date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
12. HOW CAN YOUCONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Potomac Group LLC2550 M St NW Suite 324Washington, DC20037United States
13. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATAWE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form by clicking here.